24 November 2010

Saturday 16 October 2010

Picton Castle at anchor at Bwatnapne Bay, Pentecost, Vanuatu; Saturday 16 October 2010 בס"ד


I went ashore after lunch, where we had a brief welcome ceremony with some songs. I hung out, reading a bit and I filled my forearm fitness thing with pebbles from the beach. Chatted with some locals, and made friends with kids who liked my forearm thing. Then Davey and I went with a group of kids on a walk to a spring that flows into the sea. I didn't have my swim trunks with me, but they went swimming and I was taught by a kid how to skip stones (yes, I didn't know how to do it before). These kids could get at least a dozen skips out of one stone, and send it well over fifty yards. We walked back and Davey and I went to a creek bend where some other crew were hanging out. Liam loaned me his shorts and I went for a dip, trying to swim against the current and doing a treadmill-like action. We returned to the village at 1600 for a kava ceremony, but that never happened, so I took a nap on the grass. Caught the 1700 skiff back for dinner, and after dinner passed out in the forepeak like all the other bros. At 1830, we all kind of woke up from our groggy state and instantly threw a spontaneous pregame party, and mixed a danger container to bring ashore. Took the 1900 skiff in, and had a good dance with the locals and the string band. Here they serve kava at a small tiki-type bar in reused bottles, and we had several bottles. This time no negative effects like last time. Had some danger juice and returned to the ship and passed out, exhausted from dancing.


No comments:

Post a Comment