24 November 2010

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Wednesday 6 October 2010 בס"ד


For morning watch I stood third helm steering WNW, and had a course change to NW xW. I reported a squall on the quarter, and after helm I plotted our position on the charts. Fourth hour was spent slacking lines from the rain, and then bracing up. I also did final shipcheck. Afternoon watch had me sanding the old skiff, which I forgot to write had been placed on the hatch and strapped down to work on it. I also helped Bracken remove difficult nuts and bolts from its gunwale. I then osphoed the bulwarks by the seasink and veggie locker. Stood fourth lookout and reported a squally bit. After watch I finished reading the Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean book. Then I emptied out and cleaned my ditty bag. Finally we had a bro-executive meeting, which Niko took the minutes in binary code since he's an android. Note: It's been quite rolly.



No comments:

Post a Comment