24 November 2010

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Tuesday 21 September 2010 בס"ד

Apparently I was truly dead to the world when I finished my last entry because sometime shortly after, we landed not one but TWO insanely huge tuna, comparable in size to the marlin. I found out this morning when I woke up and enjoyed ceviche and tuna sashimi for lunch. First hour of watch I organized and coiled a big messy pile of lines, then helped Bracken test the new Monomoy rudder to make sure it fit in place before the finishing touches. Stood second helm steering WxS 3/4S. Third hour I sanded down the rudder, then the Captain came and told WT how to tell me to penetrol it correctly, so that I didn't develop “carpenteritis” and overdo a simple sealing job. Then I penetrolled itand then finally spot painted the black trim on the Monomoy gunwale. At 1630, a quarterdeck talk about weather again, discussing fronts. Then David Brown and I studied Bowditch chapter on oceans for an hour or so. For dinner we had awesome BBQ tuna steaks, then watched some American Gangster in the bro-cage. Took a shower, and looked at pictures in “Windjammers” and read more of Jewish Pirates. Now bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment