04 February 2011

Sunday 2 January 2011

Picton Castle at sea; Sunday 2 January 2011; בס"ד

Woke up at 0630, read til breakfast, ate, then washed the dishes with Joani. Wrote my logs and began to type up old logs until 1115. At around 1000, a huge ship was crossing our bow. Plugged in my computer to charge til lunch, and read in the meanwhile. Lunch, then back to the computer, first doing photoswapping with Liam and Frankie. Then continued typing logs. At 1401, I heard a “LAND HO!” from deck and broad on the starboard bow you could just barely make out the mountains of Mauritius. While typing my logs, Lauren was being hysterical about Jan and his bunghole, and I let her know I'd mark this in the log, so here it is. Typed until 1545, and got ready for the South Seas Marlinespike planned. I missed the power shower at 1500 so I could type, but I could've used it because I've got a dirt tan going on. At 1600, the Captain mustered us to explain about Reunion. Our ETA is now Tuesday. At the muster we were about 150nm from the island. After the muster, we had a very light marlinespike, with popcorn and punch, and Cook Islands and Vanuatu music and dancing, led by Taia. Then I read more Garp, and reached the climax quite soon after the spike, and I just had to keep reading until I finished the book at 2100. At 1930 or so, I went on deck to check out the lights of Mauritius, which was now quite closer. Bed. NOTE: Clark told me his parents read my log, and had congratulated him on winning the Vanuatu pullup contest (see: Monday 11 October 2010), which I found hysterical. Hello Clark's family and everybody else who reads this! I'm not too sure why anybody would want to read this, but since you do, I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment