04 February 2011

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Picton Castle alongside at Le Port, Île de La Réunion, France; Wednesday 12 January 2011 בס"ד

Despite having been quite drunk last night, I felt totally fine in the morning. Breakfast, domestics, then for the whole morning we bent on the main tgallant and the foresl, which involved hooking up their gear, getting them up with the gantline, and bending them with robands after stretching the head out with the earrings. Lunch, then the afternoon was spent bending on the main upper topsl and the fore lower topsl. I was in the aloft party for all four of the sails. After, I had Frankie and Odrun scuff and paint the red trim under the Monomoy gunwales, while Mitch and I painted another coat of buff on the davits. Cleaned up, had dinner, cleaned the galley mats, and I filled Sea Never Dry and the old skiff and both barrels with water from the shore hose. I took a quick nap, then had the watch from 2000 to 2100. The Mate gave us permission to use the internet quickly at the bar, so I went over for twenty minutes and just checked my mail. Came back to the ship, set up my hammock on the focslehead, bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment