04 February 2011

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Picton Castle alongside at Le Port, Île de La Réunion, France; Tuesday 11 January 2011 בס"ד

Woke up at 0715, breakfast, let Davey use my computer quickly. Then Davey, Dave, Susie, Sophie, Pania, and I went to the supermarket, grabbed some snacks, and went to the bus stop. Caught a bus to St. Paul, which connected to another to St. Guille des Baines. Went to St. G, and chilled out at the beach for many hours. Dapper came a bit later. It would seem it was a topless beach, if such things are designated in France, but all the topless people were leather-skinned old ladies. Lots of families and lots of older people, but nobody really our age to hang out with and get some local flavor. I started reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, because Jo is reading it too now and I must win. When it started to rain in the afternoon, went to Davey, Dave, and Dapper's hotel, chilled there for a bit, then it stopped and we bros drank many a beer from a little beachside stand and talked a lot about life while getting drunk. Sophie and Pania had left a little earlier, and Susie was having dinner with Paula, Rebecca, and the Mate down the street. I ended up catching a ride with them back to Le Port. The bar was having karaoke night, and I went and continued having many beers and sang a few songs too, including Girl, You Really Got Me Going, and I Believe I Can Fly. I met a guy from France who had been a street puppeteer on 59th street at Central Park South many years ago, and we shot the shit, and I heard his story of how the NYPD locked him up for puppets without a permit. I ended up getting quite drunk, something which despite all of my beer drining, I rarely do, and I ended up waking up on rock by the breakwater some time between 0400 and 0500, which I only know because Robert had the watch when I returned to the ship, and then I slept a bit more. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment