30 September 2010

Thursday 2 September 2010 (Part 1)

Picton Castle at sea; Thursday 2 September 2010 (Part 1) בס"ד

Morning watch started with an hour of passenger lookout. The first half hour, I was amidships, and not much happened (except a baby whimpering) until about 1230 when a big swell knocked some luggage and belongings off the hatch and I helped pick it up. Then swapped with Dapper for Aloha deck watch, where I only ended up helping a kid with the light to the breezeway head. Second hour was uneventful but the rolling swell got bigger. I stood third helm steering NW xW, and although the wind force was 1 at best and the seas were like glass, there was still that long, slow, huge swell that rolled us good. Fourth hour was spent refreshing my stars and constellations, and I did 100 pushups, 75 of which Rebecca joined, and 25 of which Nadja joined, and planks after each set, followed by stretching with Sophie.


No comments:

Post a Comment