20 April 2010

Friday 16 April 2010

Zebroid at Lunenburg; Friday 16 April 2010 בס"ד

Started the day with Z domestics, then had free time as the ship came out of drydock. I bought a bigger spike; one of the local handmade ones. Helped the ship moor just by pulling mooring lines. Then spent a good deal of time deck washing (aka swabbing the decks). Shawn and WT and I moved a big chest and used my truck to do it. Then WT and I drove to the hardware store and bought shower heads. Did more cleaning and organizing on PC, then we had our “official” signing-on ceremony, where we signed our names to a sheet and received some papers and a free hat. Quite nice. We then received our bunk assignments. I'll be spending the next 14 months in the forepeak, aka the “brocave,” since only younger men get it. In there will be me, Bard, Dan, Niko, Shawn, Dave, Davey, and some guy named Jimmy who hasn't yet arrived. Had another workshop at 1900, but I didn't really teach much this time. Afterwards we did a beerrun, had a mini party in the ultra-tropical Z batcave, then went to the Banker. After the Banker, tried going to the Knot, but they wouldn't let half the people in without ID's. Came back to Z for my final night here, then moving into the brocave by 1300.


No comments:

Post a Comment