20 April 2010

Sunday 18 April 2010

Picton Castle at Lunenburg; Sunday 18 April 2010 בס"ד

On Saturday, we were free until 1300 to move into the PC from our other temporary ships (except thos in the batcave, who moved into the Z). I moved into the starboard lower-forward rack. After lunch, we did a big domestics on Z and on CC, then reported to PC to do bracing drills. A bit confusing at first, but we picked it up quickly I think. After dinner, we did a big beerrun (three cases), and the brocave (aka “the jungle”) had a pregame case before heading to trivia at the Banker. I rejoined the FNG's and we dominated with 82 points (one question was about where to hang a mezuzah!). We won Harley Davidson MGD hats which look pretty trashy. Then we went to Z and had a revealing night of “never have I ever,” where everyone learned why I'm the Sandwich. We polished off all the beer very quickly and I came back a bit drunk and passed out. That's why there was no daily log entry for Saturday.

Today the weather was pretty shitty. Everyone split into small group and did their own thing. I did the dishes after lunch in the scullery, and then some domestics on Z before taking a few people on laundry runs. I threw my long johns, socks, underpants, and towel in and the laundromat has wash-n-fold service. Spent most afternoon getting my rack organized. Good news is I fit all my books in the sea chest, which I was unsure if I'd pull off. Did the dishes after dinner, then went to Z and played a hand of Crazy 8s. They had a movie night, but I passed and went to PC salon and studied and talked with Michael and Robert. Went over to the warehouse, took a quick shower, and came back to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment