29 April 2010

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Picton Castle at Lunenburg; Wednesday 28 April 2010 בס"ד

After doing domestics I went to the warehouse to help Logan sort though the big wood pile, which was just wood scraps in a 12-foot pile. After sorting through the scraps, Logan found a few that he liked and the rest went back into the pile in an "organized fashion." We took the chosen pieces back to PC and Jimmy, Logan, and I sorted the wood pile in the hold, which was about half the size of the warehouse pile. I then laid in the hold and helped sort things out and organize. After lunch, we mustered on the dock, and watched the fore tgallant yard get hoisted up the mast. For the fore royal yard, I went back on capstan duty. Afterwards, I was just laying in where I could. I helped bag some more cement bags from the stackhouse and into the hold with Nadia, Jay, Alex, and Jo. Then Nadia and I took some charthouse things to the office. Then we went rowing in the monomoy, and Anders (the Chief Mate of Danmark) came also to learn the PC style. I think we all did well. I then did some deck sweeping and took Nicksa to the hardware store to get some polish. When I got back, we were assigned our muster duties for emergencies. I'm a sail-handler, meaning if there is a fire or MOB situation, I and the other sail-handlers will pretty much move about the deck and take up sails, brace the yards, and other maneuvers as dictated to us by the Captain or Mate. We did a 1/2-speed fire-in-the-paint locker drill. After dinner I had a swig of rum with some shipmates and went to the Banker to have some more and use the Internet. Now I'm back and ready to pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment