28 April 2010

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Picton Castle at Lunenburg; Tuesday 27 April 2010 בס"ד

Started today where I left off yesterday; bending the outer jib. Alex and Jimmy worked on the actual bending to the hanks part and I held the sail up and passed the robands since they were faster and it was freezing and raining. Then the crew mustered on dock to see the mizzen topmast get set. I was selected to turn the capstan, so we on the capstan turned round and round hoisting up the topmast. During this time, a tractor trailer full of food arrived and the rest on the dock daisy chained it to the hold. After lunch the starboard side got to go to the local pool for a course on liferafts, PFDs, and survival suits (port had gone yesterday). However, we go there, got into bathing suits, and Brad jumped in when the pool manager lady came over and said, "DONT PUT YOUR FACE IN THE WATER!" WT inquired and there was some chemical issue, so we go back in clothes and were rescheduled for Monday to finish the lesson. I came back, took some excess food to the warehouse in my truck, then laid in with cement-packing crew. Apparently we're taking 100 bags of 55lb cement mix to Pitcairn and they had to be bagged so moisture wouldn't affect them. I just lifted the bags to the wrapping parties. Then Shawn and Liam and I got four more lawnmowers. After dinner I helped clean the galleyhouse, then went to the Banker for a round with some shipmates. Now I just put in some storage compartments in my rack and I reorganized some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment