20 April 2010

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Zebroid at Lunenburg; Tuesday 13 April 2010 בס"ד

We finally started to get into the swing of things today. After breakfast the Zebroid crew was assigned to do domestics on both the Z and the CC. I did the CC, then Chief Mate Mike came to me and gave me a pair of steel-toe shoes and told me to report to the PC in drydock. When I arrived, Bosun double-T (or WT?) told me to rust bust for a bit and then I was reassigned to scrub the chains (anchor chains). We scrubbed down starboard anchor chains and then did lunch. During lunch I mailed the postcards I had written. After lunch we cleaned the chain locker, and then I wire brushed the rust off the stove in the galley and applied “stoveblack,” which obviously makes the stove black. After work we mustered and CM Mike gave us an intro lecture to our sail plan and rigging. Some of us had planned to play Ultimate again, but Dan and I just worked on our rigs, since we need lanyards and we could've used them a lot today. Then we went to the Banker and met up with the Ultimate group. Anyway, I had a pintof Keith's and now I'm going to take some NyQuil, put a breathing strip on my nose, and pass out. NOTE: my new name might be Fred.


No comments:

Post a Comment