20 April 2010

Thursday 15 April 2010

Zebroid at Lunenburg; Thursday 15 April 2010 בס"ד

Very fun day today. Did a quick domestics on CC, although it was a bit challenging because the power tripped after breakfast. Then, Liam and I did quite a bit of tidying up in the warehouse. We even rode with CM Mike to drop off food we couldn't use at a church. After lunch, everybody went to PC to stow the anchor chains. We were taking turns pumping the windlass, but I got to go into the chain locker and help flake it out as it paid in. That was pretty awesome, and I was instantly covered in oil and tar, so I started to look like the pro crew. After that, I rust busted the shit out of the starboard anchor with Adrienne and AB Syrie. Then we covered in in Corrosealer, which goes on white and dried an indigo color. Then we learned proper brush cleaning methods and I did the aluminum primer brushes, which got quite a bit of aluminum on my hands. After dinner I hosted my own personal lanyard-tying workshop in the Z batcave. I taught about five people the 4-strand sennet, since I kick ass at it now. My new official name is Fred. Just hung out at Z and now going to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment