23 April 2010

Friday 23 April 2010

The Grand Banker (Pub) at Lunenburg; Friday 23 April 2010 בס"ד

After our morning deckwash, we had several hours of fine safety training from the Lunenburg Fire Dept. We split into three groups which rotated through fire extinguishers, first aid/CPR/headneckback injury, and actually putting on bunker gear and going into a blazing compartment to do a rescue (although really only pro crew will ever do that). After that I did a bit of painting on the focslehead and helped haul and lower Katie on a bosun's chair over the rail so she could paint the bow. Then the Captain explained to us in a salon muster (which we had because there was some film crew from Japan doing a shoot in the wharf) that A) tomorrow we start to bend sail, B) our sailing date has been pushed back to 8 May, and C) we then got a blue crew shirt, a white shirt, and a hat for our "uniforms" for when I guess we go into certain ports and we can all look sharp. I helped clean the galley after dinner, spent a half hour trying to learn my lines, and now came to the Banker to check internet. I also got a glass of wine and said my Kiddush, though I know it's not quite 100% kosher (oh well).

No comments:

Post a Comment