23 April 2010

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Picton Castle at Lunenburg; Wednesday 21 April 2010 בס"ד

My first galley duty today. Woke up at 0615 and went up to the galley house. Donald had me do a few runs to the hold to get bread and eggs and oats, etc. We then set up on the hatch ("we" being Lorainne and Katelinn and me). The day was very nice and sunny, but it was pretty cold until 1100 and stayed warm til 1230 when it cooled down again. After doing breakfast dishes, I helped haul about a ton of new manila line from the warehouse to the PC in my truck. Did lunch and the dishes, then helped hoist the gaff and mizzen boom. Did a run into town with Shawn and delivered 10 lawnmowers to the warehouse that are bound for Pitcairn Island. Seriously, I use the shit out of my truck. It's awesome. Everyone did a workshop on splices and whippings before dinner. Finished washing dinner at 2030. Took a shower, tidied up my rack, and going to bed while Niko and Davey watch Sherlock Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment