02 May 2010

Friday 30 April 2010

Picton Castle at Lunenburg; Friday 30 April 2010 בס"ד

Got my 0615 wake up for galley duty. I did some exploration in the hold looking for Donald's breakfast ingredients, then after breakfast did dishes in the scullery with Jon and Lauren. During this time, I learned that Lauren is Jewish also, which took me by surprise. After dishes and other galley cleaning, Jon and I learned how to fetch diesel from the engine room and fill the galley stove tank. After that pretty much just hung out in the scullery doing dishes and other odd jobs. Shawn poked his head in and said to me, "Dartmouth!," then took off, so I figured I was making another trip to the Dirty D. Sure enough, after lunch, Shawn and I went to Dartmouth to pick up a firehose, an outboard engine for the rescue boat, and a lot of Gangion line. When we returned, Michael volunteered to take my galley duty because Karla and Bob were here. I gave them a tour of the PC, and we had dinner. She gave me a few things I had forgotten from home, and also a bag of chocolate chip cookies from the Bulmans and a birthday card from Camille. I left them to go to bed, but at the ship the newly-moved-in Batcave girls were having a party (which was actually more like a giggle-fest) and so I had a few drinks with everybody. Now off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment