09 May 2010

Thursday 6 May 2010

Picton Castle at Lunenburg; Thursday 6 May 2010 בס"ד

Today started with helping move stuff from the deck into the hold. When I say stuff, I mean A LOT of stuff. After a lot of lifting the cement bags, I became a "sole man" again with 3rd Mate Rebecca, AB Meredith, and Alex. I went down in the sole for a long time with them moving and arranging extra sails and canvas. In the sole, which has about 3 feet of headroom and no lights, I lost all track of space and time. I was stretching and bending my body into strange contortions while lifting very heavy objects. Meredith said, "About 5 minutes to lunch," and I replied in complete sincerity, "You mean dinner? We already had lunch," and she's like, "WTF hahahaha." After lunch I returned to the sole for a while, which I rather like. Then I helped move more stuff from dock to ship. It had been quite nice out all day until this time. Then an electrical storm came with gusting winds and moderate rains, so we had to haul ass getting everything aboard. After dinner, Jimmy and I went and dropped off laundry, got some snacks and rum, and stopped at the pharmacy to get some odds and ends. Came back to PC, shared some snacks, and lashed my PFD to my bunk overhead aft. Now the Brocave is watching Tropic Thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment