05 January 2011

Friday 3 December 2010

Ubud, Bali, Indonesia; Friday 3 December 2010 בס"ד

I woke up feeling like I had a terrible hangover, with a pounding headache, weakness, joint pain, etc. I didn't know why because I hadn't been out drinking at all, so I figured maybe I was terribly dehydrated. Went to the Circle K, got some water and Gatorade, and had a japle and tea for breakfast. I made my way to the marina in Benoa by 1030, because I was going to meet Sophie there to plan a trip to Ubud to do yoga (yeah, yoga). She told me our sea chests were already aboard the ship, and then we got Swiss Chris and Susie (who I hadn't seen since Lunenburg) to come with us. Even though I had planned on doing yoga (yeah, yoga), after I had lunch in Ubud I still felt very shitty, so I got a room at a small bungalow place for $6. Took a quick nap, then went to a restaurant to use the internet. Chatted with Aweezy, uploaded some videos, then went back to the hotel to drop off my stuff. To my surprise, there were two Dutch women on my patio having tea. The one was like, “Is zere a problem?” and I replied, “Yeah this is my room,” and she was said, “HA! Zat is impossiblugh!” and so I was like, “Well, no, not really, I have the key here and I left the toilet paper on the table,” and she was astonished and said, “BUT I OWN ZIS LODGING!” And so once she realized that her staff made an error and she failed at being pompous, she gave me an upgraded room for the same price. I went to meet the others at Bendi's for dinner and we chilled there for a short while, Then I went back to my hotel and rested. Then all of a sudden I got the fever chills, cold sweats, and super foul runs. I was shivering and feeling like death, so obviously I hadn't been dehydrated and I was sick. So I went to bed shivering under my blankets, unsure if I'd survive the night. Bum bum bummmmm..... to be continued! Shabbat Shalom and 3rd night of Hanukkah!


No comments:

Post a Comment