05 January 2011

Thursday 2 December 2010

Kuta, Bali, Indonesia; Thursday 2 December 2010 בס"ד

Woke up at 0600 and made breakfast with Odrun. Cleaned dishes and got ready to go ashore. Dapper, Sophie, and I caught a cab to Kuta to meet Robert, Joani, and Tiina at a restaurant. Grabbed a bit to eat, then the six of us went to a sea chest shop. After checking out their stock, I was put in charge of making “good business,” aka haggle negotiations. I got a nice chest with both brass and mother of pearl inlays, and Dapper and Sophie went in on the set of 5 progressively smaller chests. We arranged delivery of our chests to the ship, and then we split up, with Dapper, Robert, and I going together, and the ladies going their own way. We went to the mall, because my camera finally broke and I needed a new one (what would I do without action photos?), and they wanted stuff too. I got a camera and a universal power adapter, and an iced coffee. Then we went back to the room and relaxed for a bit. At 1700, we made our way to the Bungy Tower in Seminyak where Dapper had an appointment. A few other shipmates met us there, and we sat by the pool as Dapper did his first two jumps which plunged him into a swimming pool headfirst (to test his weight), then Robert did a normal jump, and then Dapper went for his third and final jump, ON FIRE, which was XTREME according to the nearby ridiculous Australians who had “Get Air or Die Trying” tattooed on their backs. Dapper, of course, was like, yeah whatever just jumped on fire let's go, which actually makes him extreme, and we then all went back to Kuta, where I broke off and used the internet until about midnight, then went to bed. Second night of Hanukkah!


No comments:

Post a Comment