10 January 2011

Sunday 12 December 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Sunday 12 December 2010 בס"ד

Clocks were retarded an hour last night as we set to ZD-7. Got a courtesy wakeup at 0630 from Shawn, who knew I'd still want one even on Sunday (attaboy). Robert didn't want to wake me, insisting I'd want to sleep in. I was feeling much healthier today, and after breakfast I laid in with doing dishes. Then I got to seriously typing my logs, carrying on from the spot I last was, the day we anchored off Aore for our six day stay in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. Typed until 1100, then plugged in my computer to recharge for an hour before the generator shut down. Began reading “Misquoting Jesus,” a book the Captain loaned me that deals with the inherent issues of copy errors, mistranslations, and lost originals that specifically applies to the Christian bible. He has told me that the study of Judaeo-Christian history and historicity is a hobby of his, and since I enjoy that stuff too, he loaned me this book. Lunch, then back to typing until my computer died at around 1600. I gave my present to Sinter Klaas AKA Jan, who organized a small Dutch-style grabbag gift exchange. I had picked Odrun, and I made a gift of a beer, some hot chocolate, and fuzzy dice air fresheners I found in Bali. At 1645, he handed out gifts to everybody. I received a packet of pre-made “FRED” labels from Sophie, which was cute. Small spike with the baked good and molled (sp?) wine, and I spoke with the Captain about history. Then the Captain informed all hands it seemed we'd outrun the cyclone, but weather might still get nasty. Dinner, then washed dishes. In the forepeak, watched two episodes of Kenny vs. Spenny, and then started Dabangg with Davey who didn't see it in Fiji. Got a new pillow from the pillow fairy, and left it wrapped in plastic. Bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment