05 January 2011

Monday 29 November 2010

Kuta, Bali, Indonesia; Monday 29 November 2010 בס"ד

Woke up early again, and had breakfast at the wifi place. Dapper and Sophie met up with me too, and we chilled there for a while using internet. I got some Skype calls in with the fam and the Jo. Then at noon, we got our taxi guy from yesterday (Nyoman) to take us to the Marina in Benoa so we could catch Ducky and take him to the airport. We got there in time and the Indonesian air force was sending out several fighter jets from the airport area, which we told DB was in honor of his departure. I dropped off my gear and my stuff with the skiff for the ship, and I called up three blue taxis (which are metered) and one was for the Captain going to Ubud, and the other two were for DB and his entourage to the airport. We arrived and met more people who'd come to say goodbye. Had a celebratory Bintang round, and finally parted with Ducky, but not before he set off the metal detector and had a good scare much to our delight. Then Dave, Alex, and Pania and I went to Kuta beach and walked our way up to a Spanish beachside restaurant called La Plancha in Double 6. We met Alex's friend Erin there, and then Sophie and Dapper came shortly later. We had dinner, and Alex and Sophie left and the rest of us went to Seminyak to a sports bar. Had some drinks and chilled out a bit, but then [person] stood up too quickly and fainted, so once they came to and we figured they were well, we just went back to the hotel and chilled. I used my hands to communicate a lot, according to Erin. After a while went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment