05 January 2011

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Picton Castle at anchor, Benoa, Bali, Indonesia; Tuesday 30 November 2010 בס"ד

Woke up, had a japfle breakfast at the hotel with Dave and Alex, let Dapper know he was the man, then Dave, Alex, and I went to Tubes and met Sophie using the internet. I got online and found out great news about Brookelynn. Then we went to the Galleria Mall, because there was an Apple Store there and a hardware store too. Once inside, I bought some metal files and a headlamp, a 5kg round weight for my forearm device, and I managed to get a mini keyboard, which I desperately needed to replace the massive one that I could hardly fit in my bag that I had bought in Fiji. I got a haircut, then once everybody was done, we went back to Kuta beach and I had some good ol' fashioned beach narcolepsy. At 1615, I woke up and split off to go back to the ship. I got a cabby that just said “Yes” a lot, and after 10 minutes of giving him the benefit of the doubt, I told him he was going the absolute wrong way, and I need to get to BENOA, not SEMINYAK, and so he said, “Yes!” He stopped to drop me off at a hotel in Seminyak a few minutes later, and I'm like BENOA BENOA BENOA and so he got his phone out and kept saying, “yes” and put me on with an English speaker, to whom I explained my predicament. Then we wetn to Beona and I picked up my big load of laundry and had dinner before grabbing the 1800 shower skiff in. Once aboard, put my stuff away and made a new forearm guy with my weight. Slung up my hammock and bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment