05 January 2011

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Kuta, Bali, Indonesia; Wednesday 24 November 2010 בס"ד

Woke up a little late at 0900. Dapper, Sophie and I grabbed some snacks, then caught a cab to Uluwatu. The cabbie was incredibly nice, and his car clean. We drove down to the great temple on the cliffside and checked it out. We all had to wear sarongs over our pants for respect. They told me not to wear my glasses because the monkey's will definitely steal them, but I took my chances since I require them to see. At least I've got a lanyard on them, I thought. Well 100ft down the walk, I was aerially assaulted by a monkey landing on my head and desperately trying to rip my glasses off. Luckily the lanyard confused him enough that I was able to grab hold of his little monkey hands and then hold on to my glasses long enough to have Dapper get an action shot. The temple was really spectacular, and the cliffs were wild. We walked around a while and then met back up with our cabbie who waited for us. Drove back to Kuta, and walked back along the street past all my crazy experiences the night before. Stopped and had a bite to eat, then found a bar/restaurant with free wifi, so I got my computer and headed over. I stayed a while, uploading photos and logs, and downloaded my old Portuguese pronounciation lessons from Ta Falado, an awesome podcast from the University of Texas at Austin so that I could further aid Sophie in her quest to learn Portuguese (Orlando, Michele, Valdo, and Jose, if you ever read this, thanks a lot for the podcasts!). The whole time I was there I ate veggie spring rolls, probably dozens. I was pretty tired and everybody wanted to go out and party but I just couldn't after last night's insanity and my three hours of sleep, so I crashed out at the room and called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment