05 January 2011

Sunday 24 October 2010

Picton Castle at anchor, Luganville, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu; Sunday 24 October 2010 בס"ד

I woke up early, had breakfast at the hotel, went to the jetty for the 0845 water taxi ride, and returned to the ship for work.

NOTE: I wrote this log many days after, and I shouldn't have, because I honestly couldn't remember what work I did that day, so I'm guessing it was nothing that I hadn't ever done before. Please forgive me. I'm typing this log in the Indian Ocean, on Sunday 12 December 2010 (yes, I'm that far behind on typing), and so any chance I had of remembering what I did that day is lost forever. This is the only instance to date that I've completely forgotten what happened on a day, but since it was a work day at anchor, I probably painted or rust busted or something similar. I wasn't on galley. Ahhh, still mad at myself for this. I've experimented with different log-keeping methods, and the try to do a week in one entry thing doesn't work so well. Port days are easy enough to remember because they're markedly different from each other, but not so for duty days or at sea days. Easy to mix things up or forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment