05 January 2011

Sunday 7 November 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Sunday 7 November 2010 בס"ד

In the morning, I stood third helm steering NW xN. While I was steering, Brad was soogieing the scullery skylights when he shrieked in terror! Alarmed, we all wondered what had happened when we saw a small gecko crawl away. This got a laugh from everybody. Nothing else noteworthy happened on morning watch, and once below I read, napped, and then woke up and finished Riddle of the Sands. For afternoon watch, I was second helm steering NW xN 1/2N. At 1945 we loosed and set royals, I on the main. After watch, I worked out my forearms with Lorraine. Then Yo and I discussed the book “To Kill A Mockingbird” and I said I didn't really remember anything except Boo Radley, not having read it since grade school. She had just finished it, and so I took it and read for an hour, before going to bed. The clocks will be retarded an hour tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment