26 August 2010

Friday 20 August 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Friday 20 August 2010 בס"ד

Woke up at 0600, took a shower (using a new beard shampoo I got as a gift), and relaxed. At the commencement of work, we caught two Mahis*, and I learned how to decapitate, gut, and chop them up correctly from Bracken. Then I affixed my thumbs to the boom and mast for Sea Never Dry. I stripped two of the screws like an idiot, but it was okay. We put on the hatch battons, and they fit nicely and looked sharp. Designed a juice rack with Jan, and workd on building it until 1500. Today was one of those days, and I kept screwing up the small stuff, which was annoying. For example, I sawed a terribly unstraight line, then tried to plane it even, only to plane it down too much. Anyway, cleaned up and at 1530 had a workshop on stoppers and Chinese fingers. We all had to tie a stopper onto a topsl halyard, which was neat. Then a brief lecture on Polynesian navigation, followed by a sarong fashion show to demonstrate how to wear sarongs. I was a model, and I sported the “working man” style (as the instructional book dubbed it). After the show, a sarong marlinspike party with good dancing and fun. After, had a DMC with Jan, and then played a good game of Monopoly in the forepeak with Dan, Dave, Davey, and Niko. Now bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment