24 August 2010

Monday 2 August 2010

Picton Castle at anchor off Tedside, Pitcairn Island; Monday 2 August 2010 בס"ד

Stood anchor watch with AB Meredith from 0500-0700. Although it was very rolly all night I slept fine. At 0800 we broke into domestics, then did a deckwash and trimmed the yards. At 0930, we sighted the French naval vessel, and before 1000 it had picked up Jimmy, Gary, Steve, and Olive (since Steve needed hip surgery). No work to do until the longboat would come, so I took a nap. Woke up for lunch and found out that the starboard watch would end up staying ashore another day after all, so our orders were to relax and fish. I read the Count of Monte Cristo for a few hours, took another quick nap before dinner, and after dinner helped clean up. Tomorrow the remainder of the crew will join us, and some of the Pitkerners will come aboard for a little reception party. I rearranged my bunk a bit, moving the two pouches and the hammock so that I had more room. Don't stand anchor watch til tomorrow AM, so now off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment