24 August 2010

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Wednesday 21 July 2010 בס"ד

For morning watch I had second helm, steering SW¾W, and afterwards I did holystoning and then a mizzenmst scrub with Siri. After watch, I passed out until after lunch, and just had a bowl of Cheerios. I finished reading White Jacket, and at 1430, a container ship was sighted and so I checked it out with my binoculars. It was the CMA CGM U_____? something and it passed us off starboard. I went aft for more cheerios and instead helped Meredith do dishes. I helped put away sails at the beginning of watch, and then we had a block-reeving workshop at 1615. It went on for about an hour, then a light rain squall came in. Stood a little of second helm, and plotted our noon position. Had dinner, cleaned the slops and some pots and pans, and then we took in the mizzen topmst staysl and spanker so we could SSB radio with Pitcairn. Reset the mizzen staysl and spanker, put a spotlight on the Thriller dance practice on the hatch so Ollie could film it, and now bed. Happy birthday Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment