24 August 2010

Thursday 29 July 2010

Picton Castle at anchor off Tedside, Pitcairn Island; Thursday 29 July 2010 בס"ד

Woke up at 0715 for breakfast and at 0800 we started work. A quick domestics and then Jimmy and I got assigned to rustbust a large section of the starboard side of the charthouse. We set up our tarps and got to work, frequently puncturing holes in the thin steel where it was rusted out. Did that until after lunch, then cleaned up all the mess and set up to fiberglass the holes over with WT. First time I've ever worked with fiberglass, and it's pretty fun (at this stage anyway). Did that, then corrosealed the exposed steel parts and called it a day. I spent about an hour cleaning off a pot with a scouring pad, simply because I felt I should. At around 1645, Shawn C, David B, Randy, and Dave B came over with Mate Mike, Nadja, and Ollie in the canoes (small power boats) and said hi. After dinner, rehearsed Bohemian Rhapsody with everybody for the show we'll be performing tomorrow. Then I had anchor watch from 2000 to 2100, and the Thriller dance practice was on the quarterdeck from this time. I worked on “Afternoon Delight” skit with Dave, Davey, and Jimmy afterwards, then went to bed. Before I made it there, however, I got a gift from Michael Zachmann, which was a little Super Fred patch that I will affix to my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment