24 August 2010

Friday 23 July 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Friday 23 July 2010 בס"ד

Morning watch was third lookout, some holystoning action, and soogie. I spent most of my free time making a patch for my ditty bag out of a scrap of canvas and I grommeted a strand from seine twine and stitched it on like roping around the border. Read a few chapters of the Count of Monte Cristo, then for watch I penetroled an oar before we had a Pitcairn discussion part two. I found out I'm staying at Steve and Olive's place with Bob. For dinner there were cheeseburgers, but none without cheese, and not enough veggie burgers, so I had a bun with relish and mustard. Oh well. Cleaned galley, did plastics, and then stood fourth helm, which had tricky steerage. Tomorrow morning I'm leading a volunteer holystone crew, but it's unlikely anybody will wake up at the crack of dawn to do hard labor for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment