24 August 2010

Sunday 11 July 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Sunday 11 July 2010 בס"ד

Nothing on morning watch except fourth lookout. I should note that mornings are less and less eventful because we're well into ZD+7 but we haven't yet retarded our clocks from ZD+6 because the Captain wants dinner before sunset and so we have our own little daylight savings time I guess. Can't start deckwash or holystoning until daylight, so we really only have things going by 0645. I finished reading the Caine Mutiny after breakfast, then started to read Captains Courageous again. At 1300-ish, the solar eclipse began and we saw the moon slowly obscure part of the sun. I brushed up on some Torah for a bit, then watch began although it's Sunday so for first hour I worked on my ditty bag. Stood second lookout, then cleaned the galley after dinner. Today was Julie's birthday. Before end of watch I learned how to stow the gaff topsl, and that's actually the first time I've ever passed the mizzen crosstrees. After watch a game of poker in the brocave. Placing my bet for Pitcairn for 26 July at 1400. I wagered a fid.

No comments:

Post a Comment