24 August 2010

Monday 19 July 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Monday 19 July 2010 בס"ד

This morning's watch was a succession of many squalls, starting from two minutes in all the way to the end. I steered fourth helm, and Paul frequently had me fall off to ride out the strong gusts and then come back up. After breakfast in the salon, I napped until lunch. After lunch in the salon, I read more of White Jacket and studied over my marlinspike seamanship book. Afternoon watch had me sanding oars and then coating them with Penetrol, and lashing them in the hold. Dinner at 1730, galley cleaning, and then fourth lookout. Tonight began Tisha B'Av, so not really remembering exactly what to do, I found a private spot in the hold and read the entirety of Lamentations (איכה) in Hebrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment