24 August 2010

Saturday 10 July 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Saturday 10 July 2010

Furled the mizzen topmst staysl and steered fourth helm SW. Read Caine Mutiny from breakfast to 1500, when we had a workshop on starting our ditty bags. Did that til 1730, when we learned how to take in and set our newest sail, the gaff topsl. Washed pots, pans, and plastics after dinner, did final shipcheck, and was stood down. Finished stitching my canvas, then played chess with Davey. No nap today, so I'm beat. Oh, also on morning watch, Paul was like “Fred, wtf why did you write your name on all the bananas?” and I was like, “WTF?” and it seems certain individuals made light of my labeling tendencies and sharpied Mike Fred Weiss on all the bananas. Oddest prank I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment