24 August 2010

Sunday 25 July 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Sunday 25 July 2010 בס"ד

Got a courtesy wakeup at 0530 for galley duty. Got things ready and Georgie and Nadja (who is awesome and always helps) and I made oatmeal, pancakes, and corn beef hash. Then after Jo joined us when we finished dishwashing we got straight to making tortillas in prep for dinner. Did that for a long time, then made a ton of pesto pasta for lunches. Apparently, it was super delicious and everybody blasted through about 15lbs dry pasta so fast, the Captain, not aware that people were having thirds and fourths, told us that we need to make more because it was all gone after ten minutes. As this happened, we passed very close by the north shore of Henderson Island, and had a quarterdeck muster about it. We made more pesto pasta, and after dishes, immediately began prepping for dinner. I rolled out 100+ tortillas, and cut pounds upon pounds of chicken with Jo and we made tons of nacho stuff and burrito stuff for a massive Chipotle-style buffet line dinner. Between lunch and dinner there was a marlinspike but we on galley had too much to do to partake. Dinner was a hit. I obnoxiously tried to help clean after, with mild success. Now there is a raging party in the forepeak, but I can hardly stand since I've not had a moment's rest since 0530. We arrive at Pitcairn Island tomorrow, and my bet was 1400, but Niko has 1300, so I have a one hour window to win. It will be calling it close, but I still have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment