26 August 2010

Thursday 19 August 2010

Picton Castle at sea; Thursday 19 August 2010 בס"ד

Woke up on my own at 0630, worked out a bit, then worked after breakfast. Remade the smaller thumbs (formerly known only as thingydingies) which I had botched before, but this time it was straightforward now that I knew what I was doing. Once finished, put a coat of penetrol on them all. Helped Jan and Bracken til lunch, then after I was told by Paul to get the battons, the gaff, and the propane tank rack and treat them all. I set up a big tarp on the hatch and got all the battons and the gaff and the propane tank rack from the hold and set them up. Meredith McKinnon had Georgie start coating the propane rack on a white paint/penetrol mix, while I penetroled the battons and put another coat of white toplac on the gaff where we had fixed it. Georgie had to go to second helm, and since there were no other carpentry projects for the day, I took over coating the propane rack. It was a beautiful, hot day, but just when I finished everything it started to rain. Meredith was going to have me paint the stepladder Jan had built, but instead we just cleaned up everything and put it all away. I also cleaned the workspace and the forward part of the hold where a lot of work has been going on. At 1615, we had a quarterdeck discussion with the Captain about Rarotonga and learned about it, and also about what events will be happening aboard and in town. After, I worked on the picture frame, then told my waterballs story to Meredith Spratt, Cheri, and WT after dinner. Helped Lauren get her photos on her computer, and typed up some logs before a chess game.

No comments:

Post a Comment